Homemade laundry detergent revisited

I promised a report after using the first batch of homemade detergent and I’m happy to report that it was a success.  I got about 6 weeks out of that batch and I’m quite pleased with that for the cost, which was considerabley less than the equivalent in commercial detergent.  I never saw any excess sudsing, which was important to me with my h.e. washer.  I still use my Oxyclean when I’m doing lights or whites, only use chlorine bleach about once a month on my whites, and pre-treat stains, if necessary.  I didn’t see any difference in the results of how clean things came out. 

I did begin using white vinegar in my rinse dispenser and I’m pleased with that, too.  I haven’t used any fabric softeners for many years because of skin sensitivities and the oily residue it leaves on the fibers.   I use rubber dryer balls when I use the dryer, but it’s even better with the vinegar and terribly cheap.

So don’t be afraid to go for the recipe and it works safely with the h.e. washers!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: